Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's day, but throughout the whole week, my whole time was involved in Mother's day activities. I was preparing crafts items for Hannah's Children's Corner and Sunday School. The whole time I was busy doing these, my thoughts were about how fortunate I was to have my wonderful children.

They're are very generous with their hugs and kisses, especially Sean. he never forgets to give me a kiss every day. I get complimented on how beautiful I am very often. They tell me they love me on a regular basis, and Hannah wakes me up with a beautiful smile. I don't think any other job would give me such satisfaction.

Since we've started homeschooling, Sean has become so much happier. All I can remember of last year was me telling him to do his homework. Now, we have discussions about things that crops up on his mind, such as Is lighting matter?

Sean has is getting used to the routine now. I'm a night owl and sleep late. Sean wakes up first, does his maths on his own, only asking if he doesn't know how to do a question. I'll wake up a little later and get Hannah her breakfast. Sean joins us when he's done with maths. Then we continue with the rest of the lesson. The only things that still causes friction is our BM lesson.

Mondays and Fridays are for Hannah's playgroup at Children's Corner. Hubby takes over Sean's lessons on those days. He has his own thoughts about what's important to teach. He's currently teaching Sean how to take notes from the Mystery of History book. It's great that he's doing that since that was one thing that I haven't thought about teaching Sean. My idea was simpler than that. All I wanted to do to begin our homeschool was introduce him to the wealth of knowledge available. I wasn't even expecting him to be able to take notes yet.

Every time I research for Sean's lesson, I get to learn so many things, for example, when I was researching about how to start our science lessons, I stumbled upon a website called Chem4kids. If I didn't, I wouldn't have known that my science knowledge was woefully outdated! I was teaching my tuition kids for SPM Sciences and followed their curriculum, so I thought science would be no problem for me. But if I wasn't researching for Sean's lesson, I wouldn't have known that there are 5 states of matter now rather than 3!

There is still so much to learn. It's exciting and interesting. I pray that God will always guide me in my journey as a mother.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Hi there! My name is Heather and I was wondering if you could answer my question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com I would greatly appreciate it!

Mamalina said...

Hi Heather. You may post your questions on this post. I shall try to answer as best as I could.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yang Kuo said...

Hi there! My name is Heather and I was wondering if you could answer my question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com I would greatly appreciate it!

ทางบ้าน

رواد الحرمين said...



شركه عزل فوم بالجبيل
لا تجهد نفسك ونحن تحت امرك ورهن اشارتك .
أبرز خدمات مؤسسة الحرمــين للمقاولات العامة بالدمام والرياض

شركه عزل فوم بالدمام