Sunday, July 13, 2008

Being mummy to a 22 month old

As Sean gets older each month, it seems that he gets clingier and clingier, and I seem to have less and less time for myself. Other than the hours I'm away teaching tuition, I am almost with Sean all the time. When he sleeps, I catch up with my work and prepare for my lessons. Which is why, I haven't been updating this blog for quite a while.

As I'm still breast feeding, I think it's good enough that I'm already giving him half of his nutritional needs. So the maid feeds Sean his solid. He should be eating by himself right now. But he is not interested in food, so he either throws them everywhere or stuff them into his mouth until he chokes and vomit all of it out. Rather than getting irritated over wasted food, I figure, when he's ready and hungry enough, he will eat by himself. So I use that precious half hour for reading and coffee time.

When I'm home, my hours is spent playing with my active toddler, bathing and trying to get him to nap. He wants me to draw him cars.. lots of cars.... We play with his cars, small or big, we play in the ball pit and play his puzzles. I borrow books and try to interest him in listening to the stories. Sometimes he likes , sometimes he doesn't. It's a trial and error thing. We go out and let him run around the empty shopping malls on weekdays, and of course, watch TV. I don't think we can eliminate TV at all.. I just don't have the energy to fill up all that hours with activities =P

Recently, when he wants to watch TV, I turn on Baby Einstein and tell him the names of each animals or describe what is happening. Sean's verbal skill is very limited. I just hope that whatever words I describe to him are lodged in his brain, and when he's ready to talk, they are already in his mind. =D

Sean used to spend some time in the evening in his grandparents' room, but now he seldom wants to be with them. I guess it's because our bedroom is his play room now and Mummy and Daddy are the only ones who will get down to the floor and crawl about with him, sit and draw cars for him, watch his TV shows with him without getting bored or attach his truck and trailer over and over again for the umpteenth time of the day!

2 comments:

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

with kids it's all about repeating the same thing over and over again :)

jazzmint said...

agree with PL, kids loves repetition all over again...