Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sneaking away for coffee

I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned it before, but Sean is very sticky to me. He wants me to be with him all the time. So it's been very hard to do things on my own unless I leave Sean with Sam at Toys"R"us, and even then, I only get half an hour to do my shopping.

Yesterday, several of us from the playgroup brought our children to Kidsport at Bangsar Village II because there was no playgroup this week. After we settled the children there, we wanted to have coffee at Starbucks which is just one floor below.

The other mums had their maids to take care of their children, so they had no problem. With Sean being so clingy, it was difficult for me to leave him. I was afraid he would be howling away the moment I left. So Samantha, took Keane, her 9 month son, with us and left her maid to take care of Sean.

I have to learn to let go of Sean, the same way that he has to learn to be more independent. It went well, he didn't cry and I didn't rush back every 5 minutes to make sure he was alright. So we had a great time. He didn't object to being left at Kidsport and I had a good coffee break chat with the mummies. =D

3 comments:

jazzmint said...

bravo bravo...1st step towards freedom for u :P. is it because he's still on bf that's why?

Mamalina said...

I'm not sure whether it's bcos he's still on Bf...but it's probably bcos I'm his main carer and playmate.

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Blissful without the kid eh? Once you've tasted it, you'll want more of it! hehehe