Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Finally I let go

Today is the 5th day Sean went to Nakorn Sari. He was particularly clingy this morning and kept going out to look for me, who was sitting on a bench outside a glass door, every 5 minutes. He could see me from inside but No.... this little boy of mine wants to be with his mummy all the time.

I think the fact that I'm so accessible makes it harder for Sean to get on with school. Of course it's more fun to be with mummy, but I wanted him to join the class and participate. Finally I told the teacher to lock the door from inside. The next time he wanted to go out, I just smiled at him and wave at him as he cried while trying to open the door. The teacher came and took him into the room where the students are and got him calmed down.

I made my coffee and got ready to wait the morning. After a while, I realized my little boy wasn't appearing at the glass door anymore looking for me and he was with the rest of the class. He wasn't always listening to the teacher but at least he was with them. So I decided, this is it. It was time to leave. I have to let go and trust that he'll be ok.

When he looked for me later on, the teacher just told him I went to the toilet ..... ha ha

When we came to pick him up, the teacher said he was ok but was rather naughty ha ha ha.... I told them that they can be a bit more strict with Sean. Well, they are not very strict at all, but I told them they can be more firm with Sean. =P

I guess like everything else I do with Sean, breastfeeding and toilet training, I took a longer time to let go. I'm sure most mummies don't sit at school the whole morning waiting for their sons to get comfortable in school for several days. What's the point of sending them to school right?

But I'm glad I did it my way because Sean joined the school activities with minimum fuss, I think he cried for less than a minute. And at the end of the day, we peeked on him and he looked truly settled down. No more looking for mummy. =D

No comments: