Saturday, August 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Happy Birthday dear.
Sean and I love you. Thank you for being such a loving husband. =D

Mummy has been busy doing transcribing work at home, so Daddy and Sean have been spending more time together. Hence they are even closer than before. Mummy used to be number 1 but now, both Daddy and Mummy are equal, which is wonderful.

Daddy and Sean spend a lot of time playing computer games together, which I think has it's pros and cons. The pros is that they do an activity which they enjoy together and Sean is watching less TV. The cons is that Sean is getting addicted to computer games and is refusing to do anything else. All those Montessori activities we did before are suddenly too boring compared to computer games.

I have to say that the free computer games available at www.pbskids.org are cute and educational, and I didn't really mind him letting him play, just to practice hands and eye coordination as well as listening skills. But I have to limit his time on the computer.

Leaf the Caterpillar

Akong found a caterpillar and showed it to Sean a few days ago. We've been watching the caterpillar eat and move from branch to branch everyday. It's really fun, I enjoy it as much as Sean does. I took some pictures of the caterpillar yesterday and put it back on a bush with a lot of leaves.

Unfortunately, the maid, fearing the caterpillar might eat all the leaves and kill the tree, threw it down the drain this morning. =(

Sean was really sad to lose his caterpillar.

I guess it ate up all the leaves from the original bush we found it on, and may kill a new bush with it's voracious eating. However we would have liked to be able to watch it become a pupa and then a butterfly.

I found out something interesting when I had it in a box yesterday. I saw the caterpillar poop and it's poop is huge! Can you see how big the caterpillar is? It's longer than my index finger when it stretches.

I wanted to upload a short video of the caterpillar but I couldn't upload it. Is there a way to shrink it's size so it can be uploadable?

2 comments:

HDB TyeTye said...

what a shame to have lost the caterpillar! you could have a great time watching it turn into a butterfly and reading eric carle's book with sean . look for another one :) i wish we had a garden but i will just have to settle for the concrete box and our potted plants instead .. kekeke

Mamalina said...

I've been looking, but can't find anymore. It was so unusual to get just one caterpillar. I thought butterflies lay more than just 1 eggs!

You can always look in the park. I found a tiny caterpillar when we went to the park the other day but Sam says it looks like a maggot! =P So we didn't bring it home.