Monday, March 15, 2010

Bed sheets are important

I never realized how important bed sheets are until Sean slept in his own bed. The maid washed his bed sheet are replaced it with a plain one. He went back to sleeping with us.

I thought, Oh, maybe it was only the novelty of moving into a new place that caused him to move toward independence on his own. He hardly slept on his bed for the whole of last week. Sometimes Hubby or I would sleep there because it gets crowded with the 3 of us on a Queen size bed.

Then I had a thought. I changed back his bed sheet into the Mickey Mouse bed sheet. Just an experiment to see if he would behave differently. And YES! He went back to sleep on his own. =P

He still creeps into our bed in the morning, but that's ok. We kinda miss him sleeping with us. So this is a good arrangement. More space for me at night (and I don't get kicked when I sleep too!) and we get to be cozy in the morning. =D

On a side note, this morning I said to him, "Wan An" I mean " Zhou An" (good morning). He asked what was "Wan An" because he usually calls out to his teacher "U An" (good afternoon) when he goes to school. When I told him that " Wan An" "Zhou An" means "Good Morning" in Mandarin.

He said with this incredulous face, "You know how to speak mandarin too!!!!???"

LOL..... That really cracked me up, because I only know a few phrases, and my son was so surprised. Ha ha ha....

3 comments:

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Wan an is actually good night! Good morning is Zhou an :):)

LittleLamb said...

oh...he likes mickey mouse.. get u have to get 2 or more sets so that when 1 is being wash, u hv another one.. thanks for the tip too.. so i will know what to do next time

Mamalina said...

PL: Ha ha ha... See how bad I am at Mandarin, can't remember a simple thing like that! *totally shy*

Rachel: It doesn't mean it works everyday though. He's back in bed with us. But I think it's bcos the position of his bed is where the aircon blow the coldest. So we have to change bed position.