Saturday, March 1, 2008

Bedtime Reading

I have wanted to get into the habit of reading to Sean before bedtime. I try to read to him every night, but he was only interested in flipping pages, not stopping long enough for me to even finish reading the words on the page. However, the last few days, he has let me flip the pages and read the stories to him. So I'm really happy! =D

Although, it doesn't end at one story. He wants to read his favorite books a few times, and of course, he still wants to flip through them himself. But that's okay. I'm just glad that he's finally listening to the stories rather than just flipping through them quickly.

On other things:

I've been hooked of Knighthood, an online game on Facebook. It's Sam's fault! He has been enjoying himself so much playing the game that it intrigued me. So now I'm hooked! Luckily, Sean has been vastly entertained playing in his cardboard house, which I'll blog about when I've finished constructing it. So now I can play online while Sean plays in his house in front of me. I've also been playing Scrabulous regularly on Facebook. Anyone who wants to join on the Scrabulous or Knighthood game, message me! =P

On milk: I've finally found a great combination of milk that will interest Sean. It's still not all smooth sailing. I still need to trick him into drinking, but it's getting better and better. Sean now likes a concoction made of 2/3 Strawberry& Raspberry Yogurt drink with 1/3 full cream milk. Actually he just likes the yogurt drink, but we've decided to add the milk so that he gets his fats since the yogurt drink is 0% fat. This way, he gets to drink some milk!

On Food: It's still difficult. Sam just told me that when he was younger, his grandma had to force him to eat too and he only started liking food when he was in Standard5. So maybe it's just genetics. I haven't asked my mum about me, but I've always been skinny, so maybe I was a difficult eater too.

4 comments:

jazzmint said...

it;s good that he starts to like books mine likes only 1 page and won't allow me to flip to other pages.

Mamalina said...

Vyktore must really like that page. Sean still prefers flipping but he's starting to listen to the stories.

He's still very rough though, Today, he hammered a page with his wooden hammer and tore through it!

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Looking at sam, you don't have to worry about sean then :P

Mamalina said...

PL - Yup.. ha ha ha I don't think I worry about Sean's future meal.

It's just when I'm not home, I don't think Sean gets enough to eat because people don't keep offering food like I do.