Sunday, April 12, 2009

Toilet Training

Since the time we introduced Sean to the potty quite a while ago, he has refused to get on the potty. He'll run away and hides in a corner to do his business. So potty training has been at a stand still. I've talked to other mummies who have successfully potty trained their children, their advice is to just get Sean out of his diapers. They say it takes a week to a month. So I decided to try the not wearing diaper at home method.

It's not that easy. Sean found it weird not to wear a diaper, so he kept crying and trying to wear his diaper at the beginning. So I didn't really push it.

But I thought I'll try it again tonight. So far this is what happened within the last hour. When I came out from the bathroom, he came to me with a marker in his hand. I thought he wanted to tell me that he colored something. I asked, "Did you draw something? Can you show me? " So he dutifully brought me to a corner of the room and pointed 'Mum, wet!" The next one was when he was playing on the cushion, and suddenly says "Wet!"

He's so used to peeing in the diaper that he still doesn't know how to tell me that he wants to pee. This looks like it's going to be a wet and smelly period. =P

No comments: