Monday, July 20, 2009

In touch with his emotion

Just since about last week, Sean has mentioned several times about how he felt.

The first time was last week, when I took his mini tomato and throw it to the rabbit. His demeanor immediately changed and he looked truly upset. So I asked:

me: What's wrong? Are you angry?
Sean : (nods) Yes, Sean Sean angry.
me: Was it because of the tomato?
Sean: Yes
me: Oh, I'm very sorry.

I knew he didn't like the tomato because the night before he spit it out, and I didn't want him to squeeze tomato juice on my white pants. I was taken aback because I didn't realized he would be so upset. Oops... my fault.

Then several times, he would tell me that he was happy. (can't remember when)
Sean: Sean Sean happy, Mummy happy, daddy happy, Akong Ama happy.
or if he did something wrong, I would tell him, "Sean, I don't like that." Then he would smile his most winning smile, squinting up at me, and say, " Mummy happy?" coaxing me to smile, and it works. =D

Then last Saturday, when Akong Ama went out, with his head down, he said
Sean: Sean Sean Sad.
me: Why? Is it because Akong Ama went out?
Sean: Yes, Akong Ama go out, Sean Sad.

Later that afternoon, we went to the library. I told him to get a book and "read" it while I look for books to borrow. He took some books, flipped through them, laughed loudly, and came to me
Sean: Sean Sean funny!

He can't really say exactly what he means, but I was just surprised by his telling me how he feels. Where did this come from?

3 comments:

michelle@mybabybay said...

Well, at least he tells you why he is angry.

HDB TyeTye said...

kids are amazingly sensitive. once i had to tell megan i love her (after the dad threw a fit in the park). she replied 'mama love megan, megan love mama, papa love megan (probably to reassure herself), megan love papa, but mama no love papa, papa no love mama... GULP. Thats when I realised I need to take her feelings into consideration and she isnt just a baby anymore

jazzmint said...

he's pretty sensitive huh