Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The letter B, the color yellow and the number 2

Sean was stuck with the letter A, the color Red and the number one for the longest time. All he wanted to do was paint the letter A in red paint and he only wanted 1 of everything.

I think about 1 or 2 weeks ago, he decided his favorite color is now yellow, and his favorite letter is the letter B and he wants everything in twos.

Someone passed me a link to this great website a long time ago, it list down a lesson plan that you want to do with your child from1 years old. I didn't do anything then but I've recently dug it up and taken a look at it. I'm grateful for the people who puts up free lessons online, they are a great source of ideas. This is the link : http://www.letteroftheweek.com/preschool_age_3.html

I'm not following everything that is recommended yet, but I thought I'll start with borrowing books following a theme, i.e. letter of the week is....

Since Sean is very decided on letter B, I thought this was a good time to start this. I borrowed books from the B section, which made it simpler for me to look for books. I could only find one of the recommended book for letter B, but I think the idea is about introducing as many things that start with the letter B. So I just borrowed books that talk about things that start with the letter B.

Since he started playing games online, he hasn't been interested in reading as much, but this week, all I had to do was ask, " Do you want to read a B book?" So far, it's been working this week, we shall see how long this works and whether or not I can actually follow the recommended lesson with Sean.

I've started a new blog. At the moment it's just a list of books we are currently reading and links of YouTube videos we are watching. The blog is called Today, I learn about

1 comment:

HDB TyeTye said...

whow, time flies ! Sean is 3 !!! send my love and kisses :-)
oh, it was the theatre that Megan wanted to go to, not the movies :-)