Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Fork Power

Today I decided to let Sean use the fork with his meal. I made a carrot & potato pancake with cheese for his lunch. He really enjoyed his meal! No fussiness or rebellion for at least 20 minutes. =D

He was probably happy that he got to use this tool (fork) that has always been denied him. I gave him both spoon and fork ( I trimmed away the sharp points from the IKEA fork to make it duller), letting him choose which one to use. He tried the spoon and then the fork. He found the fork so much easier to use. He speared his bits of pancakes and ate it easily. Of course, there was still a mess, but definitely less mess than trying to get him to eat porridge with a spoon!

I gave him sliced bananas which he ate with his fingers and proceeded to rub his hands on his hair. What a messy boy!.. but I'm glad to see that he's starting to enjoy his meals at home. Fork Power!=D

But still no milk.. he sipped a little and threw the cup away. He tried to pour it out but I stopped him. I think someone else has to give him his milk. I read that it's much easier for someone besides the mummy to introduce milk to a breastfed baby. I'm hoping my MIL can do that whenever she babysits Sean. Sean refuses to eat with the maid, especially if I'm around. He would run to me and try to climb me and struggle if she comes nearby. So the maid isn't a good candidate to help me wean him.

I don't really want to fight with him over milk if he really hates it. My mum said I stopped drinking milk at 1 year old. No wonder I'm short!!!! 8{

If Sean doesn't like milk (the way I didn't and still don't like milk), I guess he's gotta get his protein/calcium some other ways. So let's do the "Noodle Dance" and think... think.... think.....

(This Mama watches too much cartoons!) =P

3 comments:

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

good to hear that Sean is enjoying his mealtimes more. Have you tried cow's milk (the boxed sort)? I heard of someone whose son refused formula but happily chugs down Dutch Lady (strawberry!)!

jazzmint said...

wah good that he loves his solids...mine doesn't :(

Mamalina said...

Ha ha.. that was day 1 only. Today he was fussy again and didn't want to eat. Even the fork had no power! I think the food wasn't tasty =P

So I'm going to give him pancake, cheese and bacon tomorrow. Maybe that's more to his taste. He's a fussy eater, only want good food!

Jazz - At least yours is okay with formula. If he doesn't eat, the formula can cover the nutritional needs. Mine will need to be covered by breast milk. Ouch! too much nursing is painful.

PL - Yup, we tried cow's milk, chocolate, strawberry and of course plain. No difference. What to do? I've told my MIL to offer cow's milk whenever she's baby-sitting. Hope it'll work eventually.