Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Mad about Cars

Sean's latest movie mania is "Cars" by Disney & Pixar. It's a great movie, not new but I'm sure well loved by most little boys and even big boys. Even my hubby is impressed with the graphics and story line.

Sean watched the movie once sometime back last year. I didn't realize that he was attracted by it. My first inkling was when he pointed to "Lightning McQueen" the main character while Christmas shopping in Dec. I told him that he had too many cars at home and I wasn't going to buy him another car for Christmas.

Then last week I took out the dvd so he could watch something other than the Disney Channel. When the Astro died before CNY, he got to watch "Cars" over and over again. Now the first thing he wants to do when he gets downstairs is to watch the movie. He would go right in front of the TV and point while saying "brrr brrr" and would throw a tantrum if I don't switch it on.

I would sometimes tease him while he watches but he ignores me. You can see from his face that's he's totally absorbed. Sometimes I switch the TV off just to get his attention. This must be what they mean in books when they warn us against TV!

But what impresses me is the fact that he remembers the story line. He doesn't like the night scenes during the police car chase and when Lightning McQueen was chased by Frank the harvester. Before these scenes appear , even when it's still daytime in the movie, Sean would get fidgety and wants to be held. So I would fast forward the movie to bypass those scenes and when he sees the next scene, he would smile, as if he knew that the scary part is bypassed.

Ok.. he's watched the movie many times, so maybe it's not that impressive, but still... he's just 17 months old. Do toddlers this age remember that much? or is it just my imagination?

Oh yeah, I finally got him Lightning McQueen. Not the expensive original, but the Rm4 version from a stall at Tesco. What a bargain! ha ha ha


2 comments:

jazzmint said...

hehe..my boy likes the movie too but his fav still nemo

Mamalina said...

I think I'll get a Nemo too.. he he he.. talk about the mummy encouraging the tv habit!.. But Nemo is colourful and is a great movie for children too. =D