Monday, August 11, 2008

A clash of taste

We bought Sean a battery operated toy car from the pasar malam today. It cost Rm10 and I think it was overpriced considering the horrible quality of the product. It looked nice enough when we bought it (a open top smart car), but on the way home, the windscreen came off. Within 20 minutes upon reaching home,
- the wheel covers drop off and disappeared one by one.
- the battery cover came off several times.
- the little wheel that moves the car came off several times.
- the car seat came off

and within the next 20 minutes, one of the wheel broke. I thought that was the end, because I tried gluing it back with super glue and it wouldn't get stuck. But funnily enough, the car could still move with 3 wheels since a little wheel in the middle is actually the driving force of the car.

I get really irritated when I purchase something of such awful quality. I felt that it was such a waste of money. But Sean loves it! He was totally entertained for at least 1 1/2 hours, especially with the awful china-peck disco music that drones on when you turn the car on.

So for about 90 minutes, until I couldn't take it anymore, Sean was totally entertained by this awful toy. It was endearing to see him so occupied, but the price was listening to china-peck disco techno music that drones on and on.

I hope Sean's music taste doesn't continue in this line... I don't think I can't stand too much of this awful music anymore. =P

..... alakeza.. woo woo wooo....... alakeza... woo woo wooo

5 comments:

michelle@mybabybay said...

A tip for you, you can get free battery operated remote control cars and good quality too. Just go to those credit card promo counter.

They gave one to my hubby after signing up the card, no fees but the card still hasn't arrived. Maybe he can go sign up again...:P

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

thanks for showing it 1st hand to me haha!

Mamalina said...

He played with is this afternoon. By evening, it's gone dead! LOL =P

Jessica said...

Maybe he can learn how to take apart the toy. But you're right. $10 is a lot for a cheapo toy.

Mamalina said...

Jess: He wasn't learning to take apart the toys, being rather rough, he likes to bang it.. and the parts just came off. It was really badly made. I don't think I'll buy anymore toys from pasar malam!