Thursday, August 14, 2008

Love of nature

Ever since we went on the hike last Saturday, I've been letting Sean play more and more in the garden. I'm not much of a nature person, so previously, I didn't encourage him, fearing mosquito bites and germs and dirt. But since I saw how much he enjoyed his nature walk, I've been letting him play in the garden more.

He plays with long stalks of palm leaves which he wield like a stick to hit the ground or sweep the floor. We pick up palm seeds and put into his car compartment. He helps the maid to water the garden, except that he pours water on the ground, not on the plants, making a mud puddle. He walks about with my shoes. He gets many insects and mosquito bites but never complains about them. I'm the one who complains of my bites.. LOL..

He loves it so much and can play for hours. The only reason we stop is because I'm tired and hot...ha ha ha =P

4 comments:

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

it's good that Sean gets some fresh air instead of being coped up inside....like Bryan!

Mamalina said...

Just get Bryan to run around in your in laws' garden in the morning or evening. Basically, that's all Sean does.
He just picks up things from the ground and walks here and there. I just sit down somewhere shady to watch him and make sure he doesn't injure himself.

Jessica said...

How about getting those stick on mosquito patches. I stick one on Caitlin every morning and it lasts 12 hours. There's been a dengue warning issued in my estate so we're not taking chances.

Mamalina said...

Good idea!

Actually I do have anti-mozzy cream but they're never near me whenever I need them =P

I'm using mozzy coil when we go to the garden now.

Will get a box of those mozzy patches for our nx hiking trip.=D