Thursday, August 7, 2008

Playgroup - craft duty

We have been at the Playgroup for a month now.

Each of the mothers takes turn to do a craft or story telling each week. So I was completely taken aback when I got an sms on Tue night that I would be on duty today. Really??? I thought my duty was in Sept on Sean's birthday. But I saw the wrong column on the duty list all along. LOL....=P

Being on duty means that you need to be there early to set up the place, i.e. take out the toys and prepare a craft or story tell and sing songs. At the end of the morning, you are responsible for cleaning up. But all the mums help in setting up and cleaning up anyway.

The trick to preparing craft is that it has to be simple enough that a four year old can do (with a little help from mum) , quick enough to make so that mummies can run to and fro from the craft table to check on their children, and interesting enough that it's fun to make.

My craft today was an elephant/mouse fan with flapping ears. It's made of sanitary napkin sample envelopes. Quite often it's the mum who do the craft for their children since most of the kids are too young to do the whole craft.
I'm glad to say that the other mums found it interesting, especially the fact that it's a recycling project. =D

Here are some pictures of the playgroup which is behind the library. Sean has finally decided that the sand pit is safe and spent most of the time inside it. I didn't take that many pictures as I was either busy showing how to do the craft or spending time with Sean.

He is still very restless during the last half hour when there is story telling and singing. While others are happily sitting down, listening and participating. He still can't sit still and would go around helping himself to other people's food! Or decide he would continue playing in the toy room anyway.

__


1 comment:

Jem said...

and you are my mamma hero Marlina! I enjoy reading your blog so much! and I know who I am coming to when we have our own!!! xx