Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Lake Gardens

Last Saturday, we decided to visit the Lake gardens. I've heard about it often but we've never managed to go there. When we arrived, I was amazed at the orderliness of the garden. There was a HUGE playground just nearby the entrance, where lots of kids were really enjoying themselves. Many parents seem to bring their children here on a regular basis and I can understand why. It's a huge and well maintained playground.


Sean is rather too small to really appreciate the playground, so after we spend a bit of time there, we went for a walk. We passed by a charming pond with stones walkway. It was a really nice walk. Then we entered the Kancil and Deer sanctuary, which was free entry. I just love free stuff! Don't you? =D

By this time Sean was already tired and insisted on being carried, and only wanted to be carried by me. I left my sling in the car, thinking that it was a rather flat at the Garden so Sean should have no problem. But the walk to see the deer was uphill with lots of stairs!

So, up we went to see the deers. It was worth it! There were so many deers within the sanctuary and they were well cared. That was really fun, but it was very tiring of me because Sean wanted to be carried all the way back! By the time we reached the playground again, I was totally exhausted and refused to carry him anymore. So Sam carried a struggling Sean back to the car.

We only managed to see a section of the garden and I was told that there is a butterfly garden, as well as an aviary. But they aren't free. We'll see them the next time we decide to visit the garden, but next time, I'll be sure to carry my sling along!

6 comments:

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

this one looks fun! Count me in the next time!

Mamalina said...

Yay!!!!.. We can also have a small picnic over there afterwards. Just say when you can make it and we'll make the trip! =D

Jessica said...

It's sweet that Sean wants you for comfort and attention.

Mamalina said...

Sean is very attached to me.. which is really sweet. =D

Unfortunately, when he's attached on a steep uphill climbs and a long walk back in a big park, it gets rather exhausting! =D

Jessica said...

Hey, when do they start becoming more attached to you? Caitlin seems to be starting to get clingy to me.

Mamalina said...

Jess: He he.. the question should be.. when will they stop being clingy?

But to answer your question. Around Caitlin's first birthday, when she starts to understand things more, she'll get clingier and clingier.