Tuesday, June 16, 2009

ear infection and bad cold

I have been neglecting my blog shamelessly. And now I can do a bit of blogging because everyone is out and Sean is with PIL out to the supermarket.

Firstly since we were Jakarta, we've all been feeling listless. The weather there was too hot and Sean was coughing and I was just tired from the trip.Then we went to the farm trip, which was really hot. After that, I just felt terrible every day. I think we all got a bit of sun-stroke. I was tired all the time. Sean wasn't feeling well too and so he was behaving quite badly and I just didn't have the energy to deal with it most of the time. The haze gave me terrible allergies which made me sneezzy and tired all the time.

Then on Sunday night, Sean had high fever, which turned out to be ear infection, and then I got a terrible cold. Totally blocked my nose and parched my throat. So it has been a sick house over here.

But some good things happen at least before the haze started.

PIL started bringing Sean to the park in the evening (before the haze started) and with the extra exercise, Sean behaved better. Once he expends all that energy, he's quite calm in the evening. He also starts playing more with the maid, and therefore mummy can do her work. Anyway, mummy just hasn't had the energy to play much with Sean.

But since the haze started, Sean hasn't been able to go for his daily run with Akong and Ama. And then when he has ear infection, he hasn't been going to school in the morning. So I've got this bundle of energy, with his chesty coughs, runny nose, and fever to entertain. Hubby is equally sick but not as bad, so he has been taking over nap and night duties. And when MIL comes home in the evening , she helps me with Sean.

I wish this terrible cold of mine and Sean's ear infection go away. We'll be so much happier.

Darn.... I hate to be sick.

2 comments:

jazzmint said...

get well soon. i hate these hazy days

Mamalina said...

Thanks =D
Yeah... I can't breathe properly.