Friday, June 5, 2009

Sean @ 33 month

Personality
He is being a rascal!
He's pushing his boundary further and further and is getting more and more mischievous. Actually I find it cute that he's a rascal. He has this twinkle in his eyes when he is trying to evade us or purposely do the opposite of what we tell him.

But being his mummy, it means that I can't show my smile every time he's being naughty. He'll think that mummy likes him being naughty! Which is why we've been rather strict with him because I feel this is the time to set discipline.

Speech

He has gotten more chatty and is trying to string words into sentences. His pronunciation is still terrible and needs lots of work, but I guess it's a matter of us correcting him.

He's always been crazy about the alphabets, hence he could say almost the whole alphabets before he could speak properly. Now he knows all the words to the Alphabet song. Sometimes when he's playing, I can hear him singing the Alphabet to himself. It's probably the one thing that he gets right at the moment.

Teaching Sean to read
I decided to cool it down a little since I found that I became quite pushy while trying to play the reading game with Sean. We played it for a few days and then I stopped it first because I think it's easier to start with teaching "sight words" at the beginning. I've decided to teach him phonics later when he knows how to read some simple words first. More about this on another blog entry.

Toilet Training
We are still at the stage where he still sleeps in his diaper and still wears his diaper when he goes out. I tried getting him to nap without diaper, sometimes he's ok, sometimes like today, he wets his whole bed. Luckily I put a rubber mat, so the mattress itself is not wet. Maybe next week I'll send him to school without his diaper.. LOL....

Farm Trip
We went on a one day farm trip last saturday. It was a very hot day. I have to say, us adults did not enjoy it very much because it was hot, rather boring and smelly. But Sean loved it. He loved sitting in the back of the truck going from one farm to another.

We visited vegetable farms, chicken farms and a goat farm. I stayed less than a minute in the goat enclosure. It was just too smelly for me.

Swimming lesson
Sean started his swimming lesson yesterday. He hasn't done much swimming, so the lesson was good for him. It was to get the children get over the fear of water over their head.

No comments: