Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What is considered as toilet trained?

Is it when they can go to pee by themselves or when they don't need to wear diapers anymore but we are still helping them with the cleaning up?

I've finally decided to make Sean sleep without diaper. He was good for 2 days, but last night he wet his bed, so I changed him, put on a diaper on him and let him into our bed. It's a good thing he was on his own bed. I don't look forward to sleeping on soggy bed =P

But today I decided that it's time to send him to school sans diapers. And he was quite alright. So does it mean that he's toilet trained? I don't know.

I think we've been to dependent on the convenience of the diapers that actually it's just who's finding it difficult to have him out without his diapers. What if he wets himself in the car? outside? what about when he needs to poo when we are out? Other people don't seem to worry too much about these.

I guess, I just have to let go of the diapers and tell myself that there will be wet accidents and it's just part and parcel of growing up. and maybe bring extra clothing from now on.

2 comments:

michelle@mybabybay said...

Simple definition, he knows when to go to toilet if he needs to pee and poo.

HDB TyeTye said...

i hate to bring extra clothing :( such a chore, but i have to remind myself to do so, cos we had been borrowing clothes from her frens (and they are always boys..brr)

oh yes, i m attempting to homeschool megan. hence the setup at home is to facilitate her learning (with montessori influence)