Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Need info on Chinese Primary School

Seriously, this kindergarten search thing is giving me a headache. Maybe it's just me, I feel the need to know enough to be able to make a decision, but the more I know, the more choices there are. So we've decided to let things take it's own course. We've done our research and we've finally ranked them in order. So we are now just waiting to hear from the schools whether there'll be space for Sean next year.

I don't want to think too much again. LOL.

Now, there's something else bothering me. I wish I'm not the type to think so much about all these. It would be nice to just decide, Hey that's fine and that's it. But that's not me.

It's the whole Chinese versus Kebangsaan issue. At first, we were quite sure that we are not even going to think about sending to a Chinese school because both of us can't speak any Chinese at all. We didn't want him to have to take too many tuition or to feel too much pressure on school work.

But recently we heard that Chinese school isn't that bad. The facilities are good, the teachers are dedicated, and they are no longer that harsh, and if you learn chinese early enough, you shouldn't have that much trouble with the work at school. Now I'm not sure if any of these are true, but it has made us be open to the idea of sending Sean to a Chinese primary school. Maybe only, it's still a new thought.

I know it's still early, but I heard that you have to register by next year! I'm not sure if that's correct, but I need more information about this.

So if anyone can enlighten me about what Chinese primary school is like, I would be more than grateful.

No comments: