Monday, November 30, 2009

Anyone for a rainbow cookie?


Don't they look colorful? Hmmm... and they taste pretty good too. It's called the Playdough cookie because of it's colors. There are so many ways you can play around with this cookie dough: valentine, easter, birthdays, etc. The limit is your imagination. =D

I'm making these for the Christmas party at playgroup this Thursday. I got the recipe from this website The Sits Girls.

Play Dough Cookies
3/4 C butter
3 ounces cream cheese
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla extract
2 and 3/4 C flour
1 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
assorted food coloring (gel or paste works best)

I didn't have cream cheese so I put in more butter. The cookies have a buttery and sugary taste.

1. In a bowl cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat until smooth.

2. In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Stir until soft dough forms. Divide dough into Fourths. Tint each with a different food coloring. Wrap in plastic and chill for two hours. (I stuck it in the freezer for 15 minutes because I hate to wait!)

3. Preheat oven to 350. Shape cookies to your liking. Place cookies 2 to 3 inches apart on greased cookie sheet to allow for spreading.

4. Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool and store in an airtight container.Enjoy!


Sean likes helping me out when we bake cakes. I get him to stir or sift flour. This time round, I made the cookies without his help, but I think next time he can make a few of his own cookies too. =D

Since Sean is into cooking games. I let him play with a big bowl of uncooked rice. I'm not sure what other boys do, but my son has marbles, cars, and vegetables in his bowl and he likes to pour the rice into a hat.

1 comment:

LittleLamb said...

heeheheh at first i thought..how to eat Playdough... heehhe good activities for ur playgroup

btw, do u know of any playgroup in subang area? plan to send philip too.