Monday, November 16, 2009

Funny or alarming?

I'm not sure whether I should find it funny or alarming, but recently Sean has been making comments like this:

"Sean cannot listen to Mummy!"

i.e. He doesn't want to listen to me because he's frustrated that
a) I don't understand him
b) I tease him too much. LOL =P

Oops! He does not want to listen to me at 3 years old? What will happen when he 12?

Ok, I admit sometimes I ask him again and again what he said because his pronunciation is still unclear. He gets frustrated when I still don't get it.

And sometimes I do tease him, for example he used to say "Otay" for Ok. So to get him to say it correctly, we tease him, is it 'Otay?", then he will say it correctly, "O-k-k-k-ay!". He specifically pronounced the 'k' properly to make sure we understand that he can say it correctly now.

Sometimes I tease him, "Are you my baby?" He will say, "No! I'm a boy! Not a baby!"

Okay, maybe I shouldn't tease him too often, but it's so fun sometimes. This mummy can be rather mischievous LOL =P

But, Sean also teases me back. The other day when I was toweling him off after his swim lesson, he peed almost on my foot. I told him off, but maybe not seriously enough. The whole trip home he kept saying "PeePee!" and breaking into peals of laughter. When I say "Sean...." warning him not to continues, he goes "PeePee!" ha ha ha ha...

*Shake head*

My 3 year old son is already telling me he does not want to listen to me and teases me back. LOL. Maybe I should be a little stricter with him. I've got a cheeky monkey for a son. =P