Monday, November 2, 2009

I'm back

Being sick is sure a waste of time and energy. You can't do a lot of things, you feel listless, tired and cranky all the time. Sean was definitely whiny this time round.

Every other 2 minutes he goes, "Nose!", i.e. he wants me to wipe his nose because it's wet. Eventually I get so tired of wiping his nose, I finally taught him how to blow his nose. He makes a mess of it, his face gets smeared all over, but at least I'm no longer his nose wiper.

But this time round, the flu was terrible. His fever went up and down. In the morning we think he's ok, at night, the fever runs high. All 3 of us didn't get much sleep and eventually all of us got sick.

Sean is ok now, Sam and I are still recovering.

But while we didn't go for playgroups, I've been doing some cleaning up. I've rearranged Sean's toy's in the hope that I'm creating a more Montessori environment (will take pictures and post them up). The first day he says, "It's not corright (correct).", i.e. I've moved his things around and he doesn't like it. I'm trying to introduce him to his new play corner and hoping that he'll get comfortable soon.

My plans for next year is to still go to the current playgroups in the mornings so he is still exposed to an speaking English environment. And in the afternoon, when I work, he goes to Kindergarten which will be in Mandarin. I'm not sure how well that will work.

Firstly, Tadika Diyana is quite far at Taman Tun. So travel arrangement may wear us down. Next, it'll be in Mandarin. I'm not sure how Sean will adapt to it. I hope he will then I won't worry too much about him.

We shall see. It's only next year which is still a while away. Plans always changes. I'm just going to be flexible and see how Sean reacts to all these plans made for him.

No comments: