Sunday, January 24, 2010

A dilemma

Ever since Sean started school, I don't really know what he does in school anymore. Obviously I can't hang around and peek through windows to see what he does at school. The teachers would probably shoo me away! =P

But I do miss the time when we go to playgroup together when I can be with him and meet up other mums.

We could still go for the morning playgroups because our names are still on the list. Playgroup in the morning has started for 2 weeks now but we haven't attended a single one. One reason is because Sean has been trying out the extra activities, which started at 11.45am, at school last week.

He tried

Modern dance - Nope. He can't follow the instruction, he was doing his own things. All the little girls were following the dance movements really well though.

Mental Maths - Not that we really want him to send him to Maths. It was supposed to be Singing, but they made a typo error. So we were at school almost 2 hours early with nothing to do. So I just sent him into the Mental Maths trial so he had something to do. He couldn't sit still. Anyway it's for the 5 and 6 years old. =P

Art and Craft - The teacher said he could follow instruction but he just drew his aliens anyway, which he can do at home for free!

We decided not to enroll him for the extra activities for now.

So now some of our mornings are free. But I'm just wondering whether or not I should rush him from the playgroups in the morning and then to school in afternoon. It's not necessary that he goes to them. But I do want to meet other adults too. Seriously, the playgroup is more for me to meet other mums. =P.... ha ha ha

I'm still undecided. We'll try it out next week and see whether or not it'll be too tiring for Sean.

4 comments:

Pei Sze & Steven said...

Where are the Playgroups that you send your son? Would you have the address? My son is 8 months old and I am looking to send him to some playgroups. I also read about you sending your son to Nakorn Sari. Where is it situated exactly? Would you have the map? Thanks so much!

Mamalina said...

Hi Pei Sze.

There are 2 playgroups that we went to. Since your son is 8 months old, the one that will take him is Playcenter. They have a playgroup every Thursday 9:30-11:30 am. It's only RM 20-25 per month, but each of us have to take turns to open the playgroup and either do a craft or story telling around every 2 months. You have to be there with your son.

http://mummy-marlina.blogspot.com/2010/01/playcenter-library.html

Nakorn is a playgroup kinddy. I thinkt hey take from 18 months old. It's a bit ex. It comes to RM 45 per day ( 9am -12:30pm)

Another place we went to was Children's corner. They take from 2 years old. Also another mother and child session. Mon and Fri 9:30 - 11:30 am. Rm30 per month. It's run by Gospel Hall church.

If you give me your email, I can send you the map.

nathan said...

Hi Mamalina, I've been searching for a playgroup! My son Nathan is 16.5 months, so he'll be going to Playcenter for his age? May I know where Playcenter is and do we just turn up to enrol?

Mamalina said...

Sorry for the late reply

Here's the address of Playcentre. I actually have a scan of the address, phone no and a small map to the place on one of my blog entries.

http://mummy-marlina.blogspot.com/2010/01/playcenter-library.html