Monday, January 4, 2010

Sean's 1st day at Diyana

Yesterday, we went for Sean's orientation and I found out that school starts today!

I was mistaken because I thought he starts on 18th like the English Nursery students. We went to his class and met his new teacher. We liked her. She is smiley and friendly. She speaks English well too. So that allays my fear about not being able to communicate with his Mandarin teacher. It was a short meeting and he didn't want to leave so soon. =D

Today, he was excited to start school. From the moment he stepped into school, he was in a hurry to go to his class. His class was right at the end of the large school compound. It was a long walk but he was rushing to go to school. No uniform yet because we haven't confirmed and pay the school fees. Will do it in the next few days.

I love that he is excited to go to school. =D It's a great start of the new year.

We had to think up a chinese name for Sean. So like anyone of our generation, we Google for ideas. Finally we decided on a name: Wei Sheng. FIL passed on a book they had on chinese names. I just found out that the chinese character I chose wasn't the right one. The Sheng we picked out meant holy, wise rather than the one we wanted which means victory. So tomorrow I'm going to have to inform his teachers about the change of chinese character.

Ha ha ha... It's a good thing this is not official.





4 comments:

michelle@mybabybay said...

I let my MIL and mom to pick the Chinese names. I am lost with Chinese characters.

Mamalina said...

I don't know chinese characters at all. That's why I got it wrong! Ha ha ha.... Luckily the chinese name book was easy to use. =P

LittleLamb said...

ehheeheh Glad that Sean is excited about school. Happy Schooling Sean.

John Wee said...

Wei Sheng. :o) Sounds like a good name.