Thursday, January 28, 2010

Playcenter Library


I'm attaching information about the Playcenter Library.

It's a library for children books. They have fantastic children books. Membership is only Rm15 for 2 books, and you can have as many membership as you want. So you can borrow more books if you want.

I currently have 6 memberships, so I can borrow 12 books each time. Sean doesn't always like the books that I borrow but since I borrow so many, there are always a few that will grab his attention. When I know which books are his favorites, I keep a lookout for them during sales or in Scholastic quarterly newsletter and get them for our personal library.

6 comments:

John Wee said...

So good to get Sean Sean interested in books. I wish I read more books growing up. :o)

Mamalina said...

John: Really? I thought you had a lot of books at home?

I've been clearing the store room and I found lots of books. But I guess many are Children Encyclopedia, not picture story books. =P

John Wee said...

Well, I did read quite a few books, but then was more hooked on to comics and computer.

Mamalina said...

LOL.... Sean is already hooked on computer too. But I'm glad that he still likes to be read to.

michelle@mybabybay said...

Our country is so lacking in public library for children. Now everything also have to pay. I wonder what is our taxes for?

Mamalina said...

There is a state library nearby too. But the registration fee is Rm16, and the yearly membership is RM15, for 2 books and 2 DVDs. You can't add more, unless you have many members of family's IC cards. The adult books are ok, but the children library is messy. They have knowledge books but don't really have good picture books.