Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A little absence and a lot of Quality Time

Firstly thanks to all the mummies for the encouraging comments on "Growing Pains". Its true that babies go through many phases and as mummies, we need to take each of those phases in our stride.

Actually in Dec I was on leave for 2 weeks since it was holiday period and my students just wanted a break from tuition. So I had a lot of time at home. In fact, we spent most time at home. Which was probably why Sean wanted Ah Mah more than Mummy... because Ah Ma would drive him around even if it's just around the neighbourhood.

So January came and it was back to work for me. It's really true that a little absence makes a more loving son! He misses me more and doesn't take me for granted. But it's also because it means that he gets to get out of the house to drive me to and from work! =P

I have also made a resolution to actually spend quality time with Sean rather than just be with him. So whenever I'm not working, I try to play with him more rather than be next to him while he plays. I made him Winnie the Pooh and Gang cards and boards because he loves playing (or throwing around ) cards. We peel and stick Mickey Mouse stickers all over the boards. We mess the whole room (he messes and I clean =D) , stack and unstack the stacking ring. He dumps 200 balls all over the living room and I pick them up while chasing after him. Its been fun and exhausting, especially the last few days when I've been down with a bad cold.

You know how it is when you have a bad cold. All you want to do is curl up and play dead. But nooooo.... my son wants to play with me all the time now. He doesn't care that all I want to do is to sleep. He would crawl and walk all over me to get my attention. So there goes poor sniffy, hoarse voiced and coughing me....peeling and sticking stickers (Sean's latest game) when all I want to do is hide under the blanket. Luckily, the flu is gone today. So I had enough energy for picking up all those 200 balls! What are the rewards for these extra attentions? Lots and lots of kisses! Oh what bliss....... =D

No comments: