Thursday, January 24, 2008

Period

My period has shown itself again today, exactly 16 and 1/2 months since Sean was born. I read that breastfeeding was a form of natural contraceptive and was rather skeptical about it before. When Sean was born and I started breastfeeding, it really didn't come. It was bliss not to bother about the old period while having to cope with breastfeeding.

As months came and gone, it still didn't come. I wondered how long it would last. This month I suspected that it was coming back since I thought I ovulated.. and true enough it came back! Bye bye period free days...I shall miss you....

3 comments:

jazzmint said...

wah 16 months quite long leh...and don't forget the 9 months when preggy!! that's alot of money saved LOL

i miss my no-period days too, mine came back at the 6th month

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

no way!! i had my period even when i was still breastfeeding. Get pregnant again - also no period! hehehe

Mamalina said...

Yeah.. quite amazing... I haven't had period for 2 whole years!.

I did think about the pregnancy thing. I read about a Russian woman who has the record of having 64 children (including twins, triplets and quadruplets). I think after she got married she never had her period again! LoL =P