Saturday, January 26, 2008

On a hot day


It was really hot this afternoon. Sean, as usual, wanted to get out of the house. So we went to the garden and tried to play in the shade. It was so hot that I wilted just standing in the hot sun. I even tried to liven up the afternoon with playing with Ussop the rabbit. We picked some Basil leaves from the garden to feed Ussop. Even the rabbit felt to hot to chew. He refused to open his mouth!

We usually play with a water hose on hot days, but today was so hot that I was afraid that the water from the hose was too hot for Sean. So we came back inside and I shaved some ice for Sean to play with. Sean can usually play with ice and water for hours. I put the shaved ice in colorful cups and bowls. I give him a few spoons and he'll scoop the ice back and forth, usually wetting himself thoroughly and enjoying himself very much.

But the heat was still too uncomfortable, so we retreated into the cool air-con room and play some music while Sean play with his favorite box. Carrying it here and there, turning it upside down and spilling its contents everywhere.

I'm glad to say that it cooled down considerably in the evening. So we went back to the garden and played a bit of ball. I kicked the ball....Sean was just happy to be able to run about....

2 comments:

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

plse call me over when you shave ice or kick ball. this lazy mummy just turns on the air-con and put on the barney dvd while mummy lies down zzzzzzzzz

Mamalina said...

No lah.. you work full time and are pregnant now. It's nice to just hang out in the air con room during the weekend. We do that most of the time.