Sunday, December 23, 2007

Cutting finger nails

You would think that cutting finger nails is such a mundane event that it's weird that someone would even blog about it. I have to tell you that I've always found cutting Sean's finger nails difficult.

At first, he was so tiny that his finger nails are really minuscules. It was just scary holding that tiny hands and trying to cut the nails. Moreover, he has never liked people holding his hands. Even when he is asleep he'll pull it away and protests. I have to wait until he's really in a deep sleep before I attempt any finger nail cutting. So it's very often that I neglect cutting his nails until it's so long that he scratches himself and us with them.

So yesterday was an event of note when he decided that he would allow me to cut his finger nails. He saw me cutting my nails. The fact that I had bought a new nail clipper that looks quite cute attracted his attention. Then I told him to sit with me and let me cut his nails. At first, he wouldn't let me, but I coaxed him and finally he allowed me to cut his nails. Both hands and feet too! I'm so proud of my boy right now... my job as nail cutter will be much easier now.. =D

No comments: