Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Of farts and fat globules

I was just reading a friend's blog entry about how pregnancy induces you to produce a lot of flatulence and it just reminded me that being pregnant and having a child really changes you, physically and mentally. When I was pregnant, I started farting a lot too.. and unfortunately, it hasn't stopped! =P ha ha ha

It's quite embarrassing how often I fart nowadays. It's OK when no one hears or smells it, but a while ago I was doing BJJ, I farted while practicing a technique with a partner who was rather new. Ooopss.=P I was really hoping my partner couldn't smell it....I'm sure he did... ha ha ha.... but was just too polite to mention it. .. (He hasn't been back... ha ha ha.. I hope it wasn't because of my fart). I'd have been really embarrassed before pregnancy, but now I'm really blase about it. What to do...... if you gotta release gas, you just gotta go. There's no time to be embarrassed when you're busy chasing after an active baby.

Now, I've been really lazy about getting back in shape. Really haven't done any exercises to reduce my tummy. My tummy is still squishy and when I squeeze it, I can actually feel the fat globules underneath the skin! Yucky....Unfortunately or fortunately, Sean loooooveees playing and poking my tummy and belly button. In fact, it's his bedtime ritual to breastfeed and poke my belly button at the same time. I blow his tummy and make rude noises, so he does the same to me. So my excuse for not exercising is that Sean would dearly miss his mummy's soft, squishy tummy if she exercised it away.. ha ha ha....

So you see, having a child makes you grosser, but it really doesn't matter much because having a child also makes you more tolerant of the grosser working of the human biological system. What's a bit of farts and fat globules when you've been squirted by runny diarhoea poo, peed on , and vomited on?

No comments: