Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The First Bargain

I've started to give Sean fresh milk just before his final breastfeed. It's because I don't think my body is producing enough. Just several days ago, Sean kept waking me up every few minutes. It was because there was very little milk and he was hungry all the time. I had no sleep whatsoever. I had to cancel work that day to nurse my headache from the lack of sleep.

Anyway, last night I was chasing Sean here and there trying to feed him a 5 oz cup of milk. I had to chase after him around the room to spoon feed him! I got irritated and stopped for a while after only getting 1oz into him. It took me another half an hour just to get him finish 3 oz.

Just then, he was at the table wanting the bottle cap of our water container. I said if you want it, you have to finish the milk. He whined some more. So I took it off and gave him but kept repeating that he had to finish his milk to play with the cap. Eventually, he took the cup and sucked the last 1 oz of milk on his own!

Ha ha.. Now that I know that he understands and can obey instructions, there's going to be a lot of bargaining around.

3 comments:

jazzmint said...

all the best to the weaning progress

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

you're a good mum to even consider bargaining! ha ha

Mamalina said...

Unfortunately, Sean's can't be ordered to do things. Can be bargained with and maybe threatened.

The weaning progress isn't doing well. ={ The maid spoon feed him milk when I'm away at work. He doesn't want me to give him milk though.