Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sean@ 20 months

When he was a few months old, I used to read up milestone charts to see if he was growing accordingly. But after he turned 1 year old, I stopped checking regularly. I realized that each little child will grow in his own time. As long as he is growing well, is healthy and is a happy little boy, I'm not worried. As I write this, I feel blessed that Sam and I are able to spend a lot of time with Sean as he grows each day.

Height: approximately 87cm - measured with tape while he's asleep, may not be accurate.
Weight: approximately 14.15kg
Teeth: 16 teeth
New words: "tchou" - open
"tsszztt" - toothbrush/toothpaste
"wu wu" - dog/cat
These are his own baby words, not taught by us, so they aren't English.
I keep trying to teach him the right words, he's just not listening to me. LOL =P.

Milk: He's still breast feeding. The only way to get any other type of milk into him is to distract him with TV, books or toys and spoon-feeding it to him. He will not take it in a cup, or with a straw or in a bottle with teat. Even then, it doesn't always work. Will blog more on this on a breastfeeding topic.

Food: Still as picky as ever. He doesn't really spit, but just opens his mouth and let whatever food he doesn't like fall out. After that, he refuse to eat anymore. Hence, he gets hungry at irregular time, like at 11pm and wants to snack.

Behaviour:
He can go up the stairs on his own, but I'll follow him from behind and hold on to his shirt, just in case he slips. When going down the stairs, he holds onto the railing and I hold his other hand.

He hasn't been dancing vigorously when he listens to music anymore. He just sways from side to side. I miss the dancing though, he's just so cute when he does it.

Whenever he sees a car drive pass our house, he will put his hand up and wave.

He always give flying kisses whenever we leave any place, whether or not we know the people. LOL.. This has made him very popular at some of the eating places we frequent. The Indian waiters at Raju crowds around and tease him every time we go, especially if we go during non-busy hours.

He loves group hugs and kisses. He goes "Mmmmm" and open his arms wide. This is our cue to both hug and kiss him. Sometimes he will push Sam and my head together to make us kiss and then he joins us.

He loves jumping onto my back for a little piggy ride.

He has been very clingy recently but I think it's because he understands what's going on more. When he follows Sam to send me to work, he'll kiss goodbye from the car without a fuss. On the few occasions we have to leave him with the maid, I tell him that I'm going to work and he has to stay home with bibi. He will nod and stay quietly with her. Not all the time, of course. =P

Last week when my PIL picked me up from tuition with him. A few roads away from where I teach, they asked him "Where is Mummy?". He pointed to the correct direction and knew which road to go to. He also knows which house I teach in. But they were too early, so they decided to go somewhere else for a while. When they drove away without me, he cried because he expected me to come out.

He finds a lot of things funny. He gives a grin with a funny crunch nose look to show that he finds something funny. When we laugh at something he laughs too. I'm not sure whether or not he understands though.

Favorite Activities: * Watching TV, Top Gear & Cars.
*Play puzzle - I leave the puzzle on the table or the shelf all mixed up. When he sees it, he'll correct the puzzle and put the correct pieces in the right spots.
*Play with his cars or push things around and pretend they are cars.
And of course, mess things up.

Favorite Book: "Out for a Spin" Cars Magnetic Book.
When he saw this book a few months ago at MPH, he held onto the book and refused to leave the bookstore. So we bought it. But there's a big sign that says " WARNING! Not suitable for children under 3 years as foam pieces may break of and cause a choking hazard." So we hid it from him. We let him play it a few weeks ago for a few days under strict supervision, but at that time we felt he wasn't ready for it. So it went into hiding again.

I got this out 2 days ago to let him play with it. He loves it. He even wants to go to sleep with it! It's not really a book, more of a toy in the form of a book. It's also a puzzle. He's learning how to put the pieces back in their correct spot. It's not as easy as it looks. He can be entertained for a long time. Although he doesn't chew on the magnetic foam cars. I still feel the necessity of watching him while he plays with it, just in case. Thus, I only let him play with the book when I'm around.

What's funny is that I realized that his new favorite character is The King. He holds onto The King more than on Lightning McQueen.

New activities started very recently:
Playing with wooden block. Not that he plays with it. He just likes to topple any constructions. And I introduced him to finger painting 2 days ago. Like scribbling, this doesn't seem like something that comes naturally to him.
-

3 comments:

jazzmint said...

happy 20th months!! still BF!! I salute u Mar

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

I'd noticed that Sean has a lot more hair now :) Happy 20 months - how time flies. Time for #2!!

Mamalina said...

Yeah.. more hair, I even trimmed a little of his hair so it doesn't look like a over comb! =P